Friday, December 04, 2009

Waiting for InCI's approval of my Angariador process

As you know I managed to send all relevant paperwork off to INCI almost 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if I should be concerned yet that I haven't heard from them regarding the payment for my license? I just wondered if you knew who I should be chasing as I really could do with it so that I am in a position to invoice before the end of the tax year... I.e This month!

You'll probably know in fact - as I have all documentation and am now registered as an Angariador Imobiliario at the Finanças, even though I haven't got my license yet am I in a position to pass an invoice to receive commissions?

...

This is a tricky issue to answer.

• First, protocol in any public entity does not operate by standard time.

• All Public entities have 30 days to reply, although in this particular case one could say that InCI would have 20 + 10 days to answer you.

• Thus, it is reasonable that you have been waiting up until now.

• As for invoicing, from a strckly fiscal point-of-view, you have initiated at the Tax Return Office the activity; from the legal regime which binds us to InCI, one must waiting until paying the rate of inscription as an angariador and then invoice.

• On the other hand, InCI represents the State; The State revenue is through taxes (IRS, IVA, etc) and is pleased to tax you.

• Lastly and legally one can write once more to the public entity, after the 30 days without a reply to the first request (whatever this may be), stating that as one has not received a formal reply, the request one has made is to be “tacitly approved”.

Taking all this into consideration, if after 20 working days, since one has sent formally the process to InCI and has not received a reply, one could be led to writing invoices.

I believe it up to you to use caution and seek advise at APEMIP’s office in Vilamoura.

in reference to: Bilingual Real Estate Training in Portugal (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments: